Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I luh me some eBay!

     Well hello again Fans.  Or Fan...Whichever...I'm ok with both.  If I can bring you a little bit of joy and humor while trying to clear the cobwebs out of my brain , well, that's pretty darned ok too.

     I have a confession to make...I love eBay.  No, really.  It's a little sick. 

     Here's the thing.  I like to craft right?  So, in my crafting enjoyment, I need to buy supplies right? 

See where the thinking is going now?
 
     So let's say I go to the two major local craft stores in my area.  I go when stuff is on clearance or on a major sale (Like 5 for $5 patterns).  I also only buy bigger stuff when I have a 40% or 50% off coupon. 
 
     As some of you may know, I've been wanting to put together an act again.  Just something we can do locally, maybe at a few of the Period Festivals.  I got to thinking.  I want something sparkly.  NO really like super duper OMG WTF type of sparkly.  So I ordered some really lovely rhinestones on eBay.  I guess the worst part about eBay is the fact that you can't really get a good look.  Meaning, I can't touch and judge and feel.  Does that make sense?  Had I been able to compare, I would have realized that 2mm stones are MINISCULE!  OMG these things are tiny!  I can use them on my nails...That's about it.  So I've ordered more.  Bigger this time thank Badness.  I also ordered specialty pencils, yes for crafting.  Ordered 4 then saw a deal for a package of ten so I have ten more heading my way.  I plan on everyone coming to my house to craft.  What FUN!!!!  I also bought some adorable ribbon for anklets and more rhinestones.  Whoever said you could have too many?  SO while digging through the craft room the other night I stumbled across a small plasticware container...FULL OF BIG RHINESTONES!  Like I said...never too many!  The thing with these stone is they are acrylic.  Which is a fancy name for plastic.  VERY pretty, not really crystal.  So those will get glued on.  Probably to props and the like. 
 
    The second lesson I learned from buying stones on eBay.  Mixed will usually mean not only a mix of colors, but they basically toss all the colors into a baggie and ship it to you.  I wanted to CRY when I saw two bags of those tiny stones all tossed in together.  I can't even with those things at the moment.  They are set aside til I can get my brain wrapped about the fact that I'm going to eventually separate them out so I can use them.  So, what did I do?  I bought another mixed lot!  BUT, before you die laughing, I ordered them larger as well so they will be much easier to separate. 
 
     While I was surfing eBay for crafting things...I came upon some light work out videos.  Now, I'm not sure how many of you know, but I'm not exactly thin.  Ok, Ok, I'm down right Ruebenesque.  So I want to get back into shape but because I have the flattest feet in the entire existence of humans ever so it seems, I have to start off with something that is not going to kill me....I bought 4 different dvd's.   I'm going to do this if it KILLS me.   Besides, in the price that I paid for 4 DVD's and shipping and handling, I still paid less that I would have if I had gone somewhere and bought one DVD.  So BONUS!!!!
 
     Annnnd while looking at the jewelry findings and stones (I want to make some kick butt custom stuff) I came across......feathers.  Not like the feathers you buy in a bag at the craft stores.  Feathers, Long and beautiful, soft and fluffy just begging to be made into something fun.  I ordered black and white ones....Shut Up I needed them!  They are ostrich plumes and LOVELY!  WAIT til you see what I have planned for these. 
 
     My next acquisition (as soon as I can get them to a price I am willing to pay) will be a lot (50 to 100) of peacock feathers.  They will be the finishing touches to my...OOPS  nope, can't tell you just yet.  Have to wait to I can make it happen.
 
WOW!  I had a lot to say today.  Must have had too much coffee LOL.  Send help I'm trapped by eBay! 
 
With All My Love,
 
Pixie

No comments:

Post a Comment